There are many aspects of running a small business that may require you to hire a lawyer to obtain legal advice including:
- understanding, negotiating and developing business contracts
- reviewing and negotiating a lease for business premises
- determining your business structure
- buying or selling a business
- dealing with disputes or disagreements.
Good legal advice can help you protect your business interests and comply with legal obligations.
To ensure you get the best advice and representation, select a lawyer that:
- has experience and expertise in dealing with your legal issue
- can communicate clearly using simple language
- is easily accessible
- you feel comfortable with
- charges fees that are reasonable and acceptable to you.